PowerPlusWaterMarkObject357831064Minutes 28/7/16

MILLOM WITHOUT PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON

THURSDAY 28th JULY 2016 IN THWAITES VILLAGE HALL, THE GREEN COMMENCING AT 07.30PM


PRESENT: Cllr D Savage (Chair) , Cllr W Huck, Cllr B Wright, Cllr J Gray, Cllr I Lockwood , Cllr A Nugent, Cllr P Murray and Cllr L Butcher

Clr K Hitchin (County Councillor)


60/16 APOLOGIES , Cllr Newman, Cllr M Kitchingman


61/16 The Chair welcomed Cllr P Murray, who has been co-opted to the meeting


62/16 DECLARATION OF INTEREST

Cllr Wright declared an interest in item 69/16.1

Cllr Gray declared an interest in item 65/16.2


63/16 MINUTES – the minutes of the parish council meeting held on 4h July 2016 were approved and signed by the Chair


64/16 MINUTES OF THE EXTRA-ORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING. held on 1 July 2016 were approved


65/16 Police Liason Report

No report had been received.

The Clerk reported that the Range Rover had been removed by its owner form the Pinnel Hole


65/16 PROGRESS REPORTS

65/16.1 Emergency Planning

In the absence of Cllr Newman this was deferred to the next meeting

65/16.2 Common Land

Cllr Gray reported that this was on track for reporting back to the September meeting. He reported that he had looked at the trees and shrubs on Hill Brow, The Hill and it would appear that some tree management was required. It was noted that it was some years since that these had been managed. It was noted that there is an electricity cable running down the edge of the ground. This to be addressed at the September meeting.

66/16 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

No members of the public were present.


66/16 COUNTY COUNCIL AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS

Copeland Borough Council representative Cllr G Scurrah had been invited to attend the meeting and had sent his apologies.

Haverigg Wind Farm

Cllr Hitchen, County Councilor and Copeland Borough Councilor stated that ENW had been in contact with Copeland Senior Planning Officer Heather Morrison for preliminary talks prior to submission on the Haverigg wind farm development and the planned sub-station. The planning application was due to start Autumn 2016.

Cllr Hitchen reminded the Parish Council that the NG application would go direct to the Planning Inspectorate, whereas the ENQ application at Haverigg would be decided by Copeland Borough Council.

Cllr Wright expressed concern that there was no plan by the developers as to the exact location of the sub-station and it could be located anywhere in the Whicham valley.

Cllr Wright had written personally to ENW expressing concerns and as yet had not received a response.

Cllr Gray questioned why ENW could not use the proposed tunnel to locate the 132Kv cables rather than using pylons around the Duddon estuary.

Cllr Nugent stated that CBC appeared to know no more than the Parish Council did.

Cllr Hitchen responded by stating that an audit trail was now being set up with a timeline of communications between now and 8 Sept when the NG document is launched. It has been recognized that communication with Parish Councils had been poor.

Cllr Savage asked if Cllr Hitchen could find out who Heather Morrison was talking to at ENW.

Traffic Management

Cllr Hitchen reported that he had met with the traffic officer at Cumbria CC and they had looked at the issues of speeding through The Green. He was going to put together some proposals which will include extending the 30mph limit from The Hill to the traffic lights.

It was recognized that with the improvements occurring at Dunningwell Hall, that the junction was an accident waiting to happen.

Cllr Hitechen suggested that all highways incidents be reported on the hotline as this was logged and a job number was issued which he could then follow up.

Cllr Hitchen was thanked for coming and delivering his report.


67/16 APPLICATIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT:

67/16.1 To examine applications for development and submit observations to the Planning Authority

4/16/2052 A letter had been received that an appeal had been lodged to a refusal for planning consent to a balcony at Underhill Cottage, the Hill, Millom.

After consideration, the Parish Council supported the refusal by Copeland Borough Council


67/16.2 To ratify the observations submitted by the Clerk under devolved powers since the last meeting.

None undertaken


67/16.3 To note the decisions of the statutory planning authority with regards to recent applications

None received


68/16 FINANCIAL RECORDS

68/16.1 The following payments were approved:

No requests for payment had been received


68/16.2 To note the receipt of payments

No payments had been received


68/16.3 To receive and note the bank reconciliation statement as at 30 June 2016. This had been circulated prior to the meeting and was checked by the Cllr Kitchingman and was signed in his absence by Cllr Lockwood.


68/16.4 Budget Comparison Report as at 31 July 2016 was considered and it was determined that no actions were required to address deviations.


68/16.5 To consider and approve S137 payments

The following S137 payments were considered and approved:


Out and About costs towards printing £100

Citizens Advise Bureau £100

Proposed Cllr Lockwood, seconded Cllr L Butcher


68/16.6 To Consider what actions are required to be taken by a non-payment of Garage Licence.

The chair had visited and spoken to the Licence Holder who showed evidence that a cheque had been issued and had been left at the property of the Clerk. The Clerk had undertaken a search and could not locate the cheque.

It was RESOLVED that the Clerk to write to the Licence Holder explaining and requesting the re-issuing of a cheque.


69/16 PARISH MATTERS

69/16.1 Feedback from meeting with Mayor Mike Starkie

Cllr Savage gave an overview of the meeting held on Friday 19 July 2016 between MWPC, the Mayor and representatives of Copeland Borough Council. The Mayor had forwarded a copy of the letter sent by the PPA group on 10 June 2016 to NG which favoured the tunnel option. Still awaiting for a date from the Mayor to hold a meeting with the Chairs of Parish Councils.

It was agreed to host a Pre-meeting with other Parish Councils in early August to formulate a consolidated response to the pylon issues.

A meeting has been arranged on 10 August with Guy Kenyon on 10 August at Kendal to discuss concerns. Cllrs Savage, Gray and Nugent to attend

Cllr Savage to request a progress report on the actions from Jamie Reed MP and to send him a summary of actions taken so far by MWPC

Cllr Savage is arranging a meeting with Deputy CEO of NG, date to be confirmed.

The sub group has a meeting arranged with Dan Hunt from LDNP on 23 August t ascertain their response to the issues.

CALC have organised a workshop for 15 September and 2 councillors to attend.


69/16.2 Taking Photographs and recordings at Parish Council Meetings

The Clerk reported that there had been a change in legislation that allowed the above at anytime. The Clerk to review the Standing Orders and amend accordingly.


69/16.3 Community Plan

This was deferred to item 70/16


69/16.4 Skills Review

Cllr Savage reported that there were still some questionnaires outstanding.


69/16.5 Co-option of Councillors

Cllrs Kitchingman and Lockwood are to identify skills set required for the remaining vacancy and to advertise accordingly.


70/16 Council Priorities and Supporting Organisation

The Community Plan had been added to the Council Priorities and it was determined that Cllr Nugent would lead on this assisted by Cllrs Butcher and Murray. The one that was in draft form that Cllr Huck had done some work on was to be used as a basis. It will be necessary to distribute a survey amongst all properties with the Parish to obtain their input.

Cllrs Gray and Lockwood to undertake work on Traffic Management

Cllrs Huck, Butcher, Gray and Kitchingman to set up a Land and Asset management Group


71/16 Reports from representatives on outside bodies

Ghyll Scaur Quarry Meeting

Cllr Butcher reported that there had been no issues of concern identified. Cllr Butcher explained the setting up of the proposed Quarry Community Fund. Mr Jack Proctor had based it on the CGP model and was currently preparing documentation for submission to the Charity Commissioners. There will be approx £7k per annum put into this fund annually. It will be managed by Millom without Parish Council.


72/16 CORRESPONDENCE

No correspondence had been received other than that already distributed


73/16 COUINCILLOR MATTERS


74/16 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be held at 7.30pm MONDAY 5 September 2016 at Thwaites Village Hall, The Green

There being no further business the Meeting closed at 9.15pm




Signed ................................. Date......................

26