MILLOM WITHOUT PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON
MONDAY 5th JUNE 2017 IN THE HILL VILLAGE HALL, COMMENCING AT 07.30PM
PRESENT: Clr D Savage (Chair), Cllr B Wright (Vice Chair) , Cllr L Butcher Cllr W Huck, Cllr M Kitchingman, Cllr P Murray, Cllr I Lockwood and Cllr A Nugent
1 member of public were present
Prior to the commencement of the meeting a 1 minute’s silence was held by the Council to respect the fallen in the recent terrorist attacks in Manchester and London.
21/17 APOLOGIES: Cty Cllr K Hitchen, PCSO P Booth
22/17 Exclusion of Press and Public
There were no items on the agenda that would require the exclusion of the press and public.
23/17 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr Lockwood declared an interest in item 29/17.1 Planning application no 2
24/17 Minutes of Meeting held on 15th May 2017.
The minutes of the 15th May 2017 were approved and signed by the Chair
25/17 Police Liaison Report
A report had been received from PCSO Booth which had been previously circulated to Councillors. This report was accepted.
The Chair to respond with the Council’s concerns in light of recent events in the country to the correspondence received from the Superintendent regarding curtailing the presence of the PCSO at the meetings and suggests that they be allowed to be present quarterly. The new PCSO to be invited to attend a meeting.
The Clerk to put the new Lost Property Guidelines up onto the Parish Council website.
26/17 PROGRESS REPORTS
26/17.1 Fell View
Cllr Savage reported that an email had been sent to the Planning Dept requesting an update on the position. Cllr Savage spoke to the Planning Manager prior to the meeting and was informed that a planning application was to be submitted today (5 June 2017). This would take approximately 1 week for the Planning Dept to scrutinise before it would be sent out for public consultation. If no planning application had been received by the end of the week then Copeland BC would review what further actions it would undertake.
It was agreed that if necessary the Clerk would seek an extension of the period time allocated for responses.
It was agreed that a resident’s meeting would be called so that they may scrutinise any plans received to enable them to form their own views.
It was agreed that the Parish Council’s response would include a request to speak at the planning hearing.
27/17 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
28/17 COUNTY COUNCIL AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
No reports had been received.
29/17 APPLICATIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT:
29/17.1 To examine applications for development and submit observations to the Planning Authority
4/17/2181 Erect Sheep/General Purpose Building Extension
Glebe Farm, Lady Hall, Millom
The Council agreed to support this application
4/17/2178 Alterations to approved balcony to remove masonry wall, extend balcony towards site boundary and add 1.8m high obscured glass screen
Underhill Cottage, The Hill, Millom
The Council agreed to object to this application on the grounds that this application does not meet the current standards of privacy enjoyed by the current structure.
29/17.2 To ratify the observations submitted by the Clerk under devolved powers since the last meeting.
29/17.3 To note the decisions of the statutory planning authority with regards to recent applications
30/17 FINANCIAL RECORDS
30/17.1 The following payments were approved:
L Cooper Salary and Expenses £612.50
HMRC PAYE £132.00
Zurich Insurance £384.98
The Clerk reported that the 3 footway lights had been added to the policy without additional cost. It was resolved to test the market to ensure best value insurance was obtained and to raise with other Local Parish Councils the opportunity to aggregate the value of the insurance arrangements and seek best value for all Parish Councils.
L Cooper wix.com web site costs £111.75
30/17.2 To note the receipt of payments
Lindley – garage Licence fee £ 50.00
30/17.3 To receive and note the bank reconciliation statement dated 5 May 2017
The bank reconciliation was checked and signed by Cllr Kitchingman
30/17.4 To consider the Budget Comparison Report as at 31 May 2017 and determine action need to address deviations from the budget.
No actions were required
30/17.5 The Clerk reported that the VAT submission has been made for 2016/17 for £128.59
30/17.6 Compliance with Smaller Authorities regulations
The Clerk reported that the necessary information had been uploaded onto the web site and that the notices for Inspection of Accounts had been placed on Notice Boards. The Clerk to put onto the web site the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities
30/17.7 Compliance with Pension Regulator
The Clerk reported that the statement of compliance had been made to the Pensions Regulator.
31/17 PARISH MATTERS
31/17.1 Co-Option of Councillors
An advert had been placed in Out and About with a closing date of 30 June 2017. As yet there had been responses.
31/17.2 Telephone Box
Cllr Butcher reported that it required painting and a good clean out. He had looked at the door and is awaiting another opinion to ascertain what work is required.
Once work has been carried out it will be offered to the Community for suggestions of future use.
31/17.3 Seat maintenance
Cllr Butcher reported that the seat at The Knott had been repaired by Roger Holland. A letter of thanks to be sent by the Clerk.
31/17.4 Tree Maintenance
The report had been circulated to all councillors and it was agreed to delay work until the Autumn. A decision as to how the work would be undertaken would be taken at the September 17 meeting.
31/17.5 Common Land
A preliminary list had been produced for consideration. A final decision on what land would be submitted for consideration as registering as Common Land to be taken at the September 17 meeting.
The Clerk is to attend a course on Common Land on 17 July 2017 and it was suggested that any questions should be submitted to the Clerk prior to the Course so that she may seek answers to them.
The Clerk was requested to produce a list of land owned by the Parish Council at the next meeting.
Cllr Huck stated that there were 3 forms of registration Village Green, Common Land and Open Spaces that provided protection.
31/17.6 Proposed Ghyll Scaur Quarry Community Benefit Trust
A copy of the proposed Trust document had been circulated to the Council prior to the meeting. There were some concerns regarding some of the governance arrangements in the document. Cllr Savage to meet with Mr Proctor to discuss.
32/17 Council Priorities and Supporting Organisation
A copy of the new objectives had been circulated prior to the meeting. It was agreed that these would be the Council’s objectives for 2017/18
Parish Council website
33/17 Reports from outside Bodies
An email had been received agreeing to a site meeting with the Council regarding the issues of bin collection within The Hill. Cllrs Savage and Murray will arrange a meeting with Copeland BC to progress issues raised by residents.
35/17 COUNCILLOR MATTERS
Cllr Savage stated that he would be attending the 3 tier meeting on behalf of the Council on 12 June 2017
Cllr Nugent reported work had started on the Community Plan and it had been identified persons within the Community who would be invited to be involved in the project.
Cllr Savage suggested that the Parish Council should have a Parish council logo which was often a sign of identity for the Parish. It was suggested that the children at Thwaites School be invited to design a logo for the Parish Council, with a prize of £10 being offered to the winning design. The Clerk to write to the school.
Cllr Savage gave his apologies for the July meeting
Cllr Wright gave his apologies for the July meeting
36/17 DATE OF NEXT MEETING 3 July 2017 The Hill Village Hall at 7.30pm
There being no other business the Meeting closed at 21.15
Signed ................................. Date......................