MILLOM WITHOUT PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON
MONDAY 4th JANUARY 2016 IN THWAITES VILLAGE HALL, THE GREEN COMMENCING AT 07.30PM
PRESENT: Cllr L Butcher (Chairman ) Cllr P Newman, Cllr W Huck, Cllr M Kitchingman, Cllr J Gray, Cllr A Nugent, Cllr B Wright and Cllr I Lockwood
58/15 APOLOGIES , Cllr D Savage, Cllr J Barker Cllr J Case,
59/15 DECLARATION OF INTEREST
Cllr Gray declared an interest in item 62/15.2 Common Land
60/15 MINUTES – the minutes of the parish council meeting held on 2nd November 2015 were approved and signed.
61/15 Police Liason Report
No report had been received
62/15 PROGRESS REPORTS
62/15.1 Emergency Planning
Cllr Newman reported that a meeting had been held on 9th December at The Hill Village Hall and there had been a modest attendance. The next meeting to be held on 27 January 2016 at Thwaites Village Hall. It is envisaged that the document will be ready by end of March.
62/15.2 Common Land
Areas of Common Land had een identified within the villages. Approval was given for Cllrs Gray and Huck to spend up to £60 to check Land Registry records with regards to ownership.
A plan of the common land identified to e sent to the Clerk.
62/15.3 The Hill Village Hall light
The Clerk reported that it was awaiting the Electric Board to connect it up. The Clerk to chase up and remind that the speed light requires re-connecting at the same time.
It was questioned as to who actually owned the speed light, Clerk to investigate.
62/15.4 Land Lease Agreements
The Clerk reported that the new Land Lease Agreements had been hand delivered to the existing tenants with a request that they be signed and returned on or near to 1 January 2016.
Mr & Mrs Rogers’ was approved and signed. Mr & Mrs Rogers to be reminded about notifying the Council when they plan to remove the existing garage and the Council needs to approve the new garage prior to erection.
The Clerk to write to the other two leasees to advise them that notice could be served if new agreements not returned by end of February 2016
63/15 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
No members of the public were present.
64/15 COUNTY COUNCIL AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
No reports had been received.
The Clerk to send copies of minutes to Cllrs Scurrah and Hitchin and request relevant information to be forwarded to the clerk and invite them to the next meeting.
65/15 APPLICATIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT:
65/15.1 To examine applications for development and submit observations to the Planning Authority
65/15.2 To ratify the observations submitted by the Clerk under devolved powers since the last meeting.
65/15.3 To note the decisions of the statutory planning authority with regards to recent applications
66/15 FINANCIAL RECORDS
66/15.1 The following payments were approved
Copeland BC – Landscape Delivery services for 2015 £587.66
Payment of Clerk’s Salary and Expenses £444.54
Payment to HMRC £ 83.20
SLCC membership (50% shared cost with Whicham PC £ 44.00
66/15.2 To note the receipt of payments
Lindley – payment for Freedom of Information request £ 3.00
66/15.3 To receive and note the bank reconciliation statement as at 31 December 2015
The Clerk informed the meeting that the VAT claim had been submitted for the period of 2014/15
66/15.4 Budget Comparison Report as at 31 December 2015 was considered and it was determined that no action was required
66/15.5 Precept for 2016/17
It was determined that the precept for 2016/17 would be £6112. The increase to cover the cost of maintaining 3 lamps the Council are now responsible for.
66/15.6 Landscape Services for 2016
This item to be deferred to the February meeting.
67/15 QUARRY COMMUNITY FUND
The Chair reported that the Quarry had asked that the Parish Council administer the fund. Further details will be available for the next meeting.
68/15 Reports from Representatives on Outside Bodies
Duddon Estuary Partnership
Cllr Gray reported that he had attended this meeting and the Partnership may fold due to resignation of Officers.
He reported that he had attended a meeting with National Grid. 23 “pinch” points had been identified and National Grid were looking at the feasibility of a tunnel under the Estuary.
There is another meeting in January.
Notification had been received that Queen’s 90th birthday would be celebrated on 21 April 2016
Millom Without to be part of the beacon lighting and Mr & Mrs Falconer had agreed that the beacon could be located on their land above the old quarry at Waterblean Farm. Volunteers would be required to build the beacon.
70/15 COUINCILLOR MATTERS
It was agreed to re-look at the Community Plan and this to be placed on the next Agenda
There is a requirement for more Bank Signatories, the Clerk to bring the necessary forms to the next meeting
The Phone Box requires some remedial works carried out on it.
71/15 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Next meeting was confirmed as 1 February 2016, The Hill Village Hall
Meeting closed at 10pm
Signed ................................. Date......................