PowerPlusWaterMarkObject357831064Minutes 4/2/19

MILLOM WITHOUT PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON

MONDAY 4TH FEBRUARY 2019 IN THE HILL VILLAGE HALL, COMMENCING AT 07.30PM


PRESENT: Cllr D Savage (Chair), Cllr L Butcher, Cllr P Murray, Cllr B Wright, Cllr G Napoletani, Cllr M Kitchingman Cllr A Calsy, Cllr I Lockwood and Cllr A Nugent

Cty Cllr K Hitchen

Borough Cllr G Scurrah

2 members of public were present


114/18 APOLOGIES: Cllr J Gray, Cllr W Huck, PCSO Booth


115/18 Exclusion of Press and Public

There were no items that required the exclusion of press or public


116/18 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

None


117/18 Minutes of Meeting held on 7 January 2019.

The minutes of the meeting held on 7 January 2019 had been previously distributed and were agreed as correct. Proposed by Cllr Butcher, Seconded by Cllr Lockwood. Signed by the Chair


118/18 Police Liaison Report

No report had been received.

Cllr Lockwood reported that there was a good attendance at the police drop in event held on 30 January at The Green and the police were prepared to do future events which would be published in Out & About. One of the main concerns raised was the speeding through The Green and it was re-enforced regarding the need for a police presence at the Parish Council meetings to give reports and take back concerns.


118/18 PROGRESS REPORTS

118/18.1 Fell View

The Clerk reported that an email had been received from Nick Hayhurst, Planning Officer, stating that they were still awaiting the information requested from the agent.

It was proposed by Cllr Savage and Seconded by Cllr Napoletani that the Clerk undertake a timeline of events and a summary letter which would be sent to the Planning Dept. Cty Cllr Hitchen, Borough Cllr Scurrah, Mayor Starkie and Trudy Harrison MP.

Cllr Lockwood queried with Cllr Hitchen whether the on going delay to the planning application was impacting on undertaking repairs to the road leading to the property.



119/18 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

A member of the public raised concerns regarding the destruction of footpaths in Millom Park wood, during the recent logging operations. Cllr Butcher stated that he would chase with Lowther Estates to find out what remedial actions were going to be undertaken to reinstate the footpaths.


A member of the public expressed concerns regarding the flagrant breach of planning laws and the lack of enforcement by the District Council, with regards to Fell View.

The member of public also raised concerns regarding Public Rights of Way (PROW) and suggested that a local ramblers group be formed which would be associated to the Ramblers Association for a fee of £65 per annum.

Cllr Savage explained that PROW was one of the issues raised in the Community Plan and we now had to wait for the feedback from the Community Plan, planned for 26 February, as to what commitment and support would be from the community to address the concerns raised by the member of public.

1 member of public then left the meeting

120/18 COUNTY COUNCIL AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS

Cty Cllr Hitchen confirmed that he would be meeting, along with representatives from CCC and CBC, with the Community Plan Group on 7 February. The purpose of the meeting was to identify common ground and identify where match funding may be available for projects.

Coastal path – Cllr Hitchen reported that money had been made available for the Arnside Bridge crossing and was going to question the feasibility study for the Duddon crossing

Cllr Savage asked if Cllr Hitchen could check whether a footpath was to be installed from Rising Hill to The Green when roadworks are being undertaken before the end of March. Cllr Hitchen agreed to report back on this matter.

Borough Cllr Scurrah stated that the ash trees coming into The Hill were growing onto the verges. This was thought to be a Highways issue.


121/18 APPLICATIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT:

121/18.1 To examine applications for development and submit observations to the Planning Authority

4/19/2027 Replacement dwelling, including demolition of existing bungalow and garage. Erection of new bungalow including integral garage, Change of vehicular and pedestrian access. Replacement of septic tank with treatment plant and install gazebo in would be from the community rear garden.

Herons Pool, Hallthwaites

The Council resolved to support the application but expressed concerns that it was of a bigger footprint than the original building, the location of the double garage was close to the public highway and the application encroached on the perceived building line.


121/18.2 To ratify the observations submitted by the Clerk under devolved powers since the last meeting.

None


121/18.3 To note the decisions of the statutory planning authority with regards to recent applications

None


121/18.4 The Clerk reported that enforcement officer was to investigate the building at Hazel Lodge.


122/18 FINANCIAL RECORDS

122/18.1 The following payments were approved:

L Cooper Clerks expenses £ 84.50

J Dreghorn tree removal £350.00


122/18.2 To note the receipt of payments

None

122/18.3 To receive and note the bank reconciliation statements

None received


122/18.4 To consider the Budget Comparison Report as at 31 January 2019 and determine action need to address deviations from the budget.

None required.


122/18.5 As a result of an email warning of fraud, the Clerk had produced a protocol or the prevention of fraud which is to be circulated to Councillors. Once reviewed, this would be approved at the next Council meeting for inclusion in the PC’s Governance arrangements.


123/18 PARISH MATTERS

123/18.1 Community Plan

Cllr Nugent reported that a meeting has been arranged with CCC and CBC to discuss common elements of the plan.

The main areas that have been identified are

Roads/cycleways/PROWs

Public Transport

Internet and Broadband connectivity

Child friendly spaces. It was noted that the play area at Thwaites School was only available out of school hours and there is therefore a gap for the under 4’s.

St Annes Church

Housing

Street Lighting

Bus shelters

Mobile shop/village shop

The top three topics are

Connecting our communities. – Paths/Cycleways and Bridle paths

Connectivity – Broadband and Mobile phone coverage

Child friendly spaces,

Cllr Hitchen stated that officers from CCC and CBC would be creating links with the community and access to people who can help. It is important that residents understand what powers and responsibilities the Parish Council has.

Cllr Nugent stated that the completed plan should be available by the end of March, noting that the first step was to feedback to the community


123/18.2 Traffic Management

Cllr Lockwood reported that he had spoken to the police about the road, traffic and speeding. The police were going to raise the concerns internally. Cllr Hitchen to chase Kevin Cosgrove to arrange a meeting with the Parish Council


123/18.3. Parish Projects

  1. Tree Maintenance

A scheme of works had been prepared by the group who visited the Pinnel Hole and 1 quotation had been obtained by a member of the public. It was resolved that at least one other quotation would be obtained before the authorising of works, thus working within the Governance arrangements and the need to deliver best value for money.

  1. Bus Shelters

In the absence of Cllr Gray this item was deferred.

  1. Litter bins in lay-byes

Cllr Wright asked that the Clerk pursued this with Copeland BC to obtain costs and implications of installing litter bins in lay byes.

  1. Footpath Hill Brow

The Clerk reported that the footpath officer had inspected this in 2014 and found it safe. It was agreed that the Clerk undertake risk Assessment of the footpath and report back to the council.

  1. Dunningwell Hall

Cllr Savage reported that local residents were concerned that no further information was being shared as to ongoing developments at Dunningwell Hall. Proposed by Cllr Butcher, Seconded by Cllr Nugent that the Chair write to the owners for an update.

  1. Derelict Houses

Cllr Calsy reported that the buildings at the Pinnel Hole footpath had been assessed and were not considered a hazard. Environmental control are to investigate re pest problem.

Empty house officer to be contacted with regards to the empty houses in the villages. A list of empty houses to be passed to Cllr Calsy.

This is an issue raised in the Community Plan and Cllr Calsy stated she was seeking to make progress on these houses.

.

123/18.4 Policies and Procedures and Consultations

  1. It was proposed that the approval of the Standing Orders and Financial Standing Orders Policies not approved.

  2. Southern Boundary Partnership

The January meeting was cancelled due to poor weather conditions. The next meeting is on 20 February 2019 at 6.30pm at Grizebeck Village Hall. The meeting will centre around housing and planning issues.


123/18.5 Human Resources

The Clerk reported that she had spoken as an individual at the Kirkby Moor Wind Turbine Public Inquiry.


124/18 Reports from outside Bodies

South Copeland Partnership –items discussed

125/18 CORRESPONDENCE

The following correspondence had been received:

A request had been received from the Chair of Governors at Thwaites School requesting a representative of the Parish Councillor to become a member of the governing body. All nominations to be with Cllr Savge by 8 February


125/18 COUNCILLOR MATTERS

None


126/18 DATE OF NEXT MEETING :

The next meeting to be held at Thwaites Village Hall, The Green on Monday 4 March 2019 at 7.30pm


There being no other business the Meeting closed at 9.30pm


Signed ................................. Date......................

35