MILLOM WITHOUT PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON
MONDAY 4th APRIL 2016 IN THE HILL VILLAGE HALL, COMMENCING AT 07.30PM
PRESENT: Cllr P Newman (Vice Chair) , Cllr W Huck, Cllr M Kitchingman, Cllr B Wright and Cllr D Savage, Cllr J Gray
Cllr L Butcher ,arrived 7.45pm to the meeting
Clr K Hitchin (County Councillor)
2 members of public were present
In the absence of the Chairman, The Vice Chair took the meeting
107/15 APOLOGIES , Cllr I Lockwood , Cllr A Nugent
108/15 DECLARATION OF INTEREST
No declarations were made
109/15 MINUTES – the minutes of the parish council meeting held on 7th March 2016 were approved and signed by the Vice Chair.
110/15 Police Liason Report
A report had been received from PCSO Booth. There had been an increase in opportunist burglaries in the Millom area, entering via unlocked doors. The public to be vigilant.
The report was accepted.
111/15 PROGRESS REPORTS
111/15.1 Emergency Planning
A meeting was held on 30th March at Thwaites Village hall. There are still some external bodies to get information from and some action points to complete. The plan should be circulated June/July for comment.
111/15.2 Common Land
A more detailed map of the Parish was supplied by County Cllr Hitchen. Cllr Gray to identify areas of proposed and existing common land for discussion at next meeting.
112/15 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Ms Pogrel asked what the Parish Council were doing re the pylons and if a meeting had been arranged with Jamie Reed MP and if a public meeting and a meeting of all Parish Councils had been arranged.
Cllr Gray stated that the last meeting with the National Grid would be on 1 June 2016.
National Grid are then to produce a consultation document for the formal consultation process.
County Cllr Hitchin stated that there was a proposal to run a workshop for representatives of Parish Councils once National Grid ad published their consultation document, to enable Parish Councils to give a considered response.
Ms Kruger reported that there were issues with sewage backing up to the houses on Mill Park. It would appear they are blocked at the road. The residents were advised to report it to the County Council Highways Department and United Utilities. The Clerk also to write to the Highways Department and United Utilities in support of the residents.
113/15 COUNTY COUNCIL AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
Cllr Hitchin, County Councilor and Copeland Borough Councilor reported that Police and Crime Commissioners Elections were to be held in May.
LDNP Parish Forum is on 25 April at the LDNP offices in Kendal.
CALC will be organizing a workshop in early June at Calderbridge Village Hall for all Parish Councils affected by the proposed National Grid route for the pylons, so that a considered response can be given to the formal consultation phase.
Consultations still going ahead re the new power station and test boring out to sea has commenced.
Concerns were expressed by the lack of infrastructure and the impact on the current poor transport infrastructure.
Cllr Hitchin was thanked for coming.
114/15 APPLICATIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT:
114/15.1 To examine applications for development and submit observations to the Planning Authority
No planning applications had been received.
It was determined at the next meeting to develop a policy on Planning Applications and accelerated planning, where applications arrive and decisions required prior to a formal meeting.
114/15.2 To ratify the observations submitted by the Clerk under devolved powers since the last meeting.
4/16/2064 Prior Approval of Proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a Dwelling house
Barn at Bridge End, Hallthwaites, Millom
114/15.3 To note the decisions of the statutory planning authority with regards to recent applications
115/15 FINANCIAL RECORDS
115/15.1 The following payments were approved:
No payments were made
115/15.2 To note the receipt of payments
115/15.3 To receive and note the bank reconciliation statement as at 31 March 2016. This was signed by the Chair
115/15.4 Budget Comparison Report as at 31 March 2016 was considered and it was determined that no action was required
115/15.5 To agree and update Financial Regulations
Cllrs Newman and Savage agreed to look at these, make te amendments and bring te changes back to te next meeting for ratification
116/15 VILLAGE MATTERS
116/15.1 Co-option of Councillors
It was agreed to look at skills set and locality spread of the current council at the June meeting.
116/15.2 Remedial works to telephone box
Clerk to investigate whether the remedial works would be of interest to Millom Training Centre.
116/15.3 Community Plan
Cllr Savage submitted a report and it was agreed that a Neighbourhood Plan should be developed. It was agreed that the Plan would be developed initially by Cllrs Savage, Nugent and Huck
116/15.4 Web site
The Clerk reported that the web site was accessible.
117/15 QUEEN’S 90th BIRTHDAY
Cllr Butcher to arrange for the building of the celebratory beacon with James Falconer
The lighting up time has now been changed to 8.30pm on 21st April
118/15 Power without Pylons
A meeting has been arranged with Jamie Reed MP in May to discuss the impact of the National Grid proposals on the local communities. Cllrs Gray, Savage, Lockwood and Nugent to represent the Council
119/15 Reports from representatives on outside bodies
None were received
121/15 COUINCILLOR MATTERS
Cllr Huck reported that an inspection chamber that serves the derelict cottage adjacent to the Pinnel Hole was in a poor state. Cllr Butcher said he would investigate
122/15 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING will be held at 7pm TUESDAY 3 May 2016 at Thwaites Village Hall, The Green
This will be followed by the ordinary meeting at 7.30pm
Meeting closed at 9.50pm
Signed ................................. Date......................