PowerPlusWaterMarkObject357831064Minutes 3/7/17

MILLOM WITHOUT PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON

MONDAY 3rd JULY 2017 IN THE HILL VILLAGE HALL, COMMENCING AT 07.30PM


PRESENT: Clr D Savage (Chair), Cllr W Huck, Cllr M Kitchingman, Cllr P Murray, Cllr I Lockwood, Cllr Gray and Cllr A Nugent

Cty Cllr K Hitchen

Borough Cllr G Scurrah

PCSO P Booth


37/17 APOLOGIES: Cllr B Wright (Vice Chair) , Cllr L Butcher ,


38/17 Exclusion of Press and Public

There were no items on the agenda that would require the exclusion of the press and public.


39/17 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Kitchingman declared an interest in item no: 48/17.10


40/17 Minutes of Meeting held on 5th June 2017.

The minutes of the 5th June 2017 were approved and signed by the Chair


41/17 Police Liaison Report

A report had been received from PCSO Booth which had been previously circulated to Councillors. This report was accepted.


42/17 PROGRESS REPORTS

42/17.1 Fell View

An email had been received from the Planning Officer stating that a planning submission had been made but as there was insufficient information and detail lacking, the applicant had been given 21 days in which to respond and provide the necessary information.

It was noted that a the site had been used on a number of occasions by persons claiming to be family/friends

It was noted that there had been no further evidence of construction being undertaken and where possible any further information should be sent to the Parish Clerk.

Residents were to be encouraged to continue to attend Parish Council meetings to hear updates.

It was noted that a temporary application had been lodged against the property Home Cottage and this was questioned as being the correct address.


42/17.2 Green Waste collection The Hill

Cllr Savage reported that an email had been received from the Waste Manager at Copeland BC confirming that they would be introducing new temporary arrangements. Letters to be sent to residents which would state that green waste was to be suspended and requesting feedback from residents for a new bin collection area. It was suggested that this be sent to the Task and Finish Group of the Scrutiny Committee. All correspondence to be forwarded to Cty Cllr Hitchen. Cllr Murray to keep residents informed.



42/17.3 Lighting The Green

Awaiting a response from Copeland BC. Clerk to write for an update.

43/17 PCSO’s Booth and Jackson attended the meeting at this point and it was agreed to allow them to expand on their written report.

PCSO Booth reported that he would still continue sending reports to the Parish council. Two new Sergeants had been appointed and a new area Inspector.

Commencing Wednesday 5 July it was intended to have a monthly drop in session in the foyer at Tesco between 3 and 4;pm to offer advice and guidance.

If a more private interview was required it was advisable to ring 101 and arrange an appointment.

Cllr Savage reported that there was mixed feedback on the new 40mph speed limit in The Green. PCSO Booth reported that this had been identified as a problem area for the mobile unit to target. PCSO Booth was asked what was the criteria for the frequency of visits by the mobile unit. He responded that he was not sure but would endeavour to find out. He did state that when possible he would be attending with the speed gun to monitor speeds and provide backup action to the Mobile Unit.

Suggestions were put forward for more traffic calming measures eg flashing speed awareness lights and bumpy paint road markings. Clearly this would require a Traffic Management review to determine what would be appropriate.

PCSO Booth was thanked for his update.


44/17 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

None.


45/17 COUNTY COUNCIL AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS

Cty Cllr Hitchen was requested to raise the issue of the implementation of the new 40mph speed limit. The speed signs could not be clearly seen when travelling from The Hill. The road to Dunningwell was still at national speed limit even though the road was used extensively by farm traffic and did not support such speeds.

Cllr Savage to approach Ghyll Scaur Quarry Highways Fund at the forthcoming Quarry Liaison Meeting to fund further traffic calming measures.

Cty Clr Hitchen stated he would take the concerns to the Local Committee meeting on 4 July.

Cllr Gray asked about the policy for fixed speed cameras.

Boundary Changes

These do not affect Parish Councils currently. Parish Councils could request changes once the Copeland BC had been resolved.

It was proposing to reduce the number of Councillors by ¼ to 1/3. Cllrs Savage and Lockwood to attend the workshop on 9 August 2017.

The County Council is now a Labour/Liberal Democrat cabinet.


South Copeland Partnership has been in abeyance because of the availability of Eric Barker. A meeting is to be arranged for early September. Some monies had been sourced for some secretarial help and it was envisaged that Parish Councils would lead on projects.


White Young Green are still supporting parishes with regards to the NWCC and National Grid issues.

Cty Cllr Hitchen was thanked for his report


Borough Cllr Scurrah reported that he was pushing on the Green Waste issue.



46/17 APPLICATIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT:

46/17.1 To examine applications for development and submit observations to the Planning Authority

  1. 7/2017/4045 Telecommunications Base Station, Smaithwaite Estate, Duddon Hall, Beckfoot

Installation of 2no. transmission link dishes on the existing telecommunications mast and ancillary development required thereto

The Council agreed to support this application.


  1. 4/17/2213 Removal of existing conservatory and outbuilding; utility room extension; erection of large self-contained annex

Derryelvin, The Green

The Council agreed to support the application and welcomed its approach to an eco-friendly build.


46/17.2 To ratify the observations submitted by the Clerk under devolved powers since the last meeting.

None


46/17.3 To note the decisions of the statutory planning authority with regards to recent applications

None received


47/17 FINANCIAL RECORDS

47/17.1 The following payments were approved:

Lowther Forestry Group Ltd - tree survey £570.00

The Hill Village Hall – hall rental £144.00

L Cooper – Logo prize money £ 20.00


47/17.2 To note the receipt of payments

Giles – garage Licence fee £ 50.00

47/17.3 To receive and note the bank reconciliation statement dated 5 June 2017

The bank reconciliation was checked and signed by Cllr Kitchingman


47/17.4 To consider the Budget Comparison Report as at 30 June 2017 and determine action need to address deviations from the budget.

It was resolved to increase the Landscape services budget from £600 to £1200 to allow for the cost for the tree survey that had been undertaken on land managed by the Parish Council. If required these monies would be taken from the reserve account or review other budgetary issues.


48/17 PARISH MATTERS

48/17.1 Co-Option of Councillors

Two applications had been received. It was proposed by Cllr Savage and seconded by Cllr Lockwood that Adrianne Calsy and Gabrelle Napoletani be invited to be co-opted on to the Council.

48/17.2 Telephone Box

An article had been placed in Out and About requesting suggestions for uses for the Telephone Box. The Parish Council now await ideas from the Community.

48/17.3 Common Land

The Clerk distributed a list of land registered as Common Land with the Council being declared the owner on the register, along with land registered as Common Land under S9 of the Common Act 1965

Cllr Huck requested that it be confirmed with the Land Registry that the Parish Council were registered with them as the owners of the land.

48/17.4 Proposed Ghyll Scaur Quarry Community Benefit Trust

Cllr Savage had met with Mr J Proctor and Mr G Storey the Quarry manager to discuss the Trust document. This was now with the Quarry’s legal team.

It was proposed by Cllr Lockwood, Seconded by Cllr Nugent to accept the revised Trust document.

48/17.5 Survey of Villages

A survey of villages and facilities had been received from Copeland Borough Council. Amendments were made to The Green.

48/17.6 England Coastal Path

There was some evidence that a costal path could continue along the existing “Banking” and be linked to the Duddon Bridge. It was agreed that this should be promoted to improve links and connections with Lake District National Park. There may be some issues with landowners and determining Public Rights of Way.

Cllrs Murray and Lockwood to investigate further

48/17.7 CALC survey

The Clerk to complete as per previously circulated Council response

48/17.8 NWCC Adequacy of Consultation

A response had been prepared, distributed amongst the Councillors, prior to the meeting and was accepted at the meeting

48/17.9 Parish Council Logo

The children at Thwaites School had undertaken the task and the entries had been sent to all Councillors for pre-judging. As the quality of the entries was so high, it was resolved to other 2 runner-up prizes. The Clerk to arrange with the school to present the prizes.

48/17.10 Community Plan

Cllr Nugent reported that work was in progress re questionnaire and a draft the Steering Group letter had now been prepared.


49/17 Council Priorities and Supporting Organisation

It was proposed by Cllr Nugent and seconded by Cllr Lockwood to accept the Council Priorities for the following year. The updated and subsequently approved document would be sent to all Councillors.


50/17 Reports from outside Bodies

None


51/17 CORRESPONDENCE

Examples of Household emergency plan had been received from ACT. It was proposed that this could be used to place an article in Out and About.


52/17 COUNCILLOR MATTERS


53/17 DATE OF NEXT MEETING 4 September 2017 Thwaites Village Hall, The Green at 7.30pm


There being no other business the Meeting closed at 21.50



Signed ................................. Date......................

13